My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Library Humor

A couple months ago, someone on a library listserv I'm on (BUSLIB) was looking working for videos of people trying to return a retail product or getting gadgets to work. All sorts of suggestions popped up, some of which are shared here. See what fun-loving folks librarians are? The videos are of varying quality, but some are hysterical. In honor of National Library Week.

Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch Monty Python...Monty Python Hilarious Brilliant

A "Best City" Customer Service Story! "Here is a video I made at my former place of employment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w85dSkbTTSsWe were poking fun of the horrible customer service that is so common with the big box."

The Answer - Retail Return. "I had to augment the living hell out of it. The on-stage actors were not projecting at all....retail return FFHS FFHStudios whispering"

Retail Hell or a Diffcult Life
Retail work sucks but you can get even! Watch and learn....Retail customers from hell getting even.

Wal-Mart's Customer Service. For more information, visit www.walmartwatch.com.

Gateway Update - Still No Support . "For three weeks, Gateway is still telling me that they are unwilling to provide me with any customer support or service. BLAH! Still a Grade "F."

Bad Customer Service #1Very bad customer service

Retail 103: Customer Returns And Exchanges. "NOTE: this one has some foul language so I have a feeling it won’t suffice – but I include it nonetheless." Not THAT foul...

Funny Dell Customer Service CallA really funny Dell customer service call.

A Comcast Technician Sleeping on my Couch. "This is my tribute to Comcast, their low quality technology and their poor customer service. UPDATE: My service has been restored."

iPod Customer Service. "the Dirty secret have to watch this... (based on real life experience, no hoax)."

Customer Disservice "Have you ever received really bad customer service?"

How to Get a Customer Service Human. "With a human in customer service can be a godsend, especially after spending hours in 'automated phone menu' hell."

terrible customer service. Make fun of their customers...funny skit."

Customer Service Training Video

Optimus Maximus Keyboard: Horrible Customer Service. "Read that right. I've had it with this company. Their customer service is absolutely horrible."

Customer Service. "A reenactment of my experience with my DSL provider...Eyeopener Films Home Movies New Customer Service DSL."

Unboxing - not always on target, but a source.

Expo TV: video reviews of consumer products - "made by real people!" Some are actually positive.

David Pogue's Song spoofs. Some are over a decade old, but what the hey.


ROG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've noticed there is a segment of the population that tries to return things to places other than where they got it. By this I mean, returning library movies to video stares, returning Blockbuster rentals to Hollywood video, returning movies they *own* to video stores. I am not sure where or when the disconnect happens that they cannot tell where they got the video from...but it happens quite frequently. Well, at least I noticed it before the video store I worked at closed.