My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Monday, January 05, 2009

Last year's blog

I think it was Gordon Dymowski - or was it Shecky Greene? - who first informed me of a meme where you randomly select a line from your blog - one post per month for the past year - and then post the lines (and links) publicly. So let's review what's happened on the blog over the past month, and please enjoy this small sampling of the blog.

(Not only did I steal the idea from Gordon, I stole the entire paragraph above, save for two words.)

January: Anthony makes the correct theological point that Christmas is not over. And he is still right.

February: A look at the women--some celebrated, some forgotten--who influenced the lives of the Fab Four and were often the muses behind some of the Beatles' greatest songs. No, I didn't buy Patti Boyd's book.

March: We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact. - Jean-Paul Sartre (1905 - 1980) Philosophy at no charge.

April: I ended up picking Joan Baez, who my father admired as far back as 1959, when he brought home the oddly-named The Best of Joan Baez; and John Mellencamp, probably in part because of the love Tosy had given him after his recent induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Tunes!

May: If you were to tell me I'd be blogging for nearly 1100 straight days 1200 days ago, I'd say you were nuts. And add another 240 to that.

June: OK, so there are one hundred things that annoy me. But I really, really had to work at it.

July: I noticed that one child of about eight whacked her head on a wooden crossbeam of the slide/climbing contraption. Did you ever wince in pain when someone else gets hurt? I do.

August: Who does Obama pick to be his Vice-Presidential running mate? How did I do? Oh, and a mention of Sarah Palin BEFORE the GOP convention; just sayin'.

September: I am certain life's questions can be answered by sleeping on hard things and chanting. As though you had any doubt.

October: With the Mets eliminated, I still need to come up with a priority list of teams to root for. And I came up with them?!

November: Finally, I wrote: "To quote Sylvester Stewart: 'Different strokes for different folks And so on, and so on and scooby-dooby-doo.'" Quoting Sly Stone is almost always appropriate.

December: Listening to boring debates about how "they" have taken the Christ out of Christmas. Didn't hear it as much this year, or maybe I was in the wrong places.

No comments: