My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Star librarians

As I’ve said somewhere, I am a librarian. I’ve been working at the same job for over 12 years, the second longest tenured person in my organization (but #1 has me beat by about eight years.)

Last week, I went to a morning training session about the Economic Census. I thought it was interesting. Anyway, one of my former colleagues, Sheldon, with whom I worked for over five years, was there, as was one of our former interns, Fran, who was here for several months. Our current intern, Frank, also attended, but I knew HE’D be there.

Then I get to work and get an e-mail from my former colleague of nearly four years, Anne, asking me about a reference source. She only writes a couple times a year.

Also I get an e-mail from my library boss for my first two years here, Michele. She’s living in Bermuda, but she’ll be in upstate New York for a little while and wants to get together.

Obviously, I had hit on a former SBDC librarian constellation that day. It was quite wonderful to reconnect with people who I’ve had a fruitful shared experience.

No comments: