OK, Alan David Doane didn't MAKE me do one of those Facebook thingies; I CHOOSE to do so. Since he sent it a few days ago, my answers are as of lunchtime on Thursday, October 1.
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth?
Flavored ice pop; more for the hydration than the flavor.
2. Where was your profile picture taken?
In my office at work, I think.
3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
Never even tried. It seems that if the child shows an interest someday, I might give it a go, but otherwise can't foresee doing it.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today?
I was playing racquetball, and my partner made a terrible swing, awful swing, which was so unpredictable that it hit the ball sideways and we made the point.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
10 pm, working on a proposal for a session at a conference.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
Don't believe so. I've been under fireworks; didn't like being singed or the volume.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?
Probably Bill and Orchid.
9. Do you believe ex's can be friends?
I definitely do. There were at least three at my wedding to Carol and she knew it. Oh, and I thought you spelled the word "exes",
10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper?
Ambivalent. Haven't had it in years.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard?
Listening to an adagio a couple weeks ago. Wrote about it.
12. Who took your profile picture?
No idea. Could have been any one of a half dozen roving amateur photographers in our office.
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
My daughter Lydia.
14. Was yesterday better than today?
Well, it's a toss-up. Yesterday was more productive, today is more fun.
15. Can you live a day without TV?
Well, for myself, it happens quite a bit, judging from my DVR. But 30 minutes/day for the daughter is magic.
16. Are you upset about anything?
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
18. Are you a bad influence?
I used to be; ah, those were the days...
19. Night out or night in?
Well it's choir night AND it's garbage night, so I won't be in the house until 10 pm.
20. What items could you not go without during the day?
I've gone without the computer but prefer not to.
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
My friend Mike Attwell, I believe. He's much better now.
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?
What's a text message? Are we talking cellphones? I haven't used the feature. If we're talking e-mail, haven't used the feature in a very long time.
23. How do you feel about your life right now? It could be worse.
24. Do you hate anyone?
Not presently. Though there are plenty who tick me off.
25. If we were to look in your Facebook inbox, what would we find?
Lots of virtual plants I haven't gotten around to accepting.
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Not if it was looking for caffeine.
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yes, and they were WRONG.
28. What song is stuck in your head?
You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates; my wife says the bit in 500 Days of Summer using that song is one of her favorite parts of any movie EVER.
29. Someone knocks on your window at 2 a.m., who do you want it to be?
You know the anxiety if someone doing it would negate whatever joy it would have. Really, it couldn't wait until morning? But if it was one of three friends I haven't seen in 20+ years, MAYBE they could get away with it.
30. Wanna have grand-kids before you’re 50?
Moot point. I'm over 50, was over 50 when the CHILD was born.
31. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
Go to my daughter's school to see the Apple Run, whatever that is. EDIT: It's a bunch of kids in the five kindergarten classes running around a track of about 200 meters,. the girls and boys riun separately. Lydia won her heat.
Mary, the Magnificat, was no wuss
12 hours ago