Sunday Stealing: One Long Meme (Part Two)
27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Depends on how tired I am. I NEED that first burst of sleep in order to function. Other than that, I'd probably pick eating.
28. Do you look like your mom or dad?
There are pictures of Carol's and my wedding when I look extraordinarily like my father. Carol, BTW, is still getting used to how much she looks like her mother.
29. How long does it take you in the shower?
Ten minutes, max, unless I'm in there for the massage function of the shower, rather than to clean. The other factors are 1) I'm usually at the Y on the way to work, so I need to hustle and 2) at home, I have to wait out my wife, who takes a bit longer.
30. Can you do the splits?
I could never do a split, even as a kid.
31. What movie do you want to see right now?
Still haven't seen Ponyo, but there are a bunch of them.
32. What did you do for New Year’s?
We probably went to sleep before midnight. Or Carol did and I crawled into bed at 12:01.
33. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
I have no idea what this is.
34. Do you own a camera phone?
There's a photo function on my cellphone, but I don't know how it works.
35. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Seriously doubt it.
36. What’s the last letter of your middle name?
N, as in Owen.
37. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Six, almost never in one continous shot.
38. Do you like Care Bears?
Not really, but I haven't done an in-depth analysis as to whether I should.
39. What do you buy at the movies?
Butter, with popcorn. Or the other way around, I think.
40. Do you know how to play poker?
Define "know". I've played for pennies or matchsticks; haven't ever played for real money in decades, and that was for a dollar ante.
41. Do you wear your seat belt?
Oh, heavens yes. Seat belt almost certainly saved my life at least once, and probably thrice.
42. What do you wear to sleep?
Depends on the season. Summer is T-shirt and pajama botttoms. In cooler weather, pajamas; the top and the bottom don't alwasys match.
43. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Rod Serling grew up there. There was that dreadful murderous rampage back in April of 2009. Actually, the first big thing I remember happening in Binghamton was the "salt babies" incident.
44. How many meals do you eat a day?
45. Is your tongue pierced?
No, and don't forsee me doing it.
46. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
It's been so long since I've dealt with my MySpace page. Hard enough to do Facebook and Twitter.
47. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Depends. There are people who think they are funny but who I don't. Conversely, there are some folks who are so damn serious, they are unrelentingly boring. I'll say funny people, but they actually have to BE funny.
48. Ever been to L.A.?
No; the closest I've been is the Angels stadium in Anaheim.
49. Did you eat a cookie today?
No, but the day is young.
50. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
Only mild invectives.
51. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
Actually neither. Amazon has free downloads sometimes as do some artists. I have contributed to the latter.
52. Do you hate chocolate?
No, but I prefer strawberry.
53. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
In the day, it had to do with curfew; I hasd a lousy sense of time when I was a kid.
54. Are you a gullible person?
A useful quote from Ronald Reagan: "Trust but verify." And I never even voted for him.
55. Do you need a girlfriend to be happy?
No, my wife would object.
56. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what what would it be?
A syndicated columnist.
57. Are you easy to get along with?
You mean you don't think I am? Honestly, I'm very mellow about things when I don't have a strong opinion, but I can draw a line in the sand on things important to me. All in all, I'D say yes, but you'd need to ask others, wouldn't you?
58. What is your favorite time of day?
If I'm awake, 5 a.m. It's my alone time.
Mandated Workplace Violence training
6 hours ago