My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Thursday, October 01, 2009

What's The Frequency, Roger?

Lessee, there's Peter Gabriel's On the Air; Joni Mitchell's You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio; Elvis Costello's Radio Radio.

All that is a stall to say that I'm going to appear on Barbara Weltman Internet radio show, Build Your Business Radio, which airs each Monday from 4pm to 5pm/ET.

As her producer Gloria wrote me: "We would like to have you as a guest on an upcoming radio show in early October, if possible. Barbara enjoys highlighting her guests' areas of expertise, and we ask them to compose 5 to 8 questions for her to ask during the interview. Build Your Business Radio's audience consists primarily of small businesses and entrepreneurs. You'll get to use the podcast following the interview to post on your site, etc."

I have an area of expertise? Always thought of myself as a generalist.

Anyway, I’ve agreed to be on Monday, October 5 during 2nd half of show. The studio calls the guest (a/k/a, me) at 4:24pm/ET; live interview begins at 4:30p, continues for 11 minutes, breaks, resumes for 9 minutes more. 20 minutes to fill.

Don't mind telling you...well, let's put it this way: I think it was Steve Stills at Woodstock talking about CSN's second gig who indicated how scared they were.

The fear is...er, ah...that I'll...um...in the words...ah, ah...that my wife...hmmm...hates...suck. Also...(mumble)...I hate (ahem) the sound of [cough] my own...eh...voice when I...er...hear it.

So why do it? Because I'm afraid. One of the things that we've been doing with the daughter is, whenever she does something she's heretofore been scared to do, such as going to a new school or seeing a new doctor, is give her a penny, which she can trader in for certain goodies. Hey, I wonder what I'LL get for doing this?

Also, if I ever get ambitious enough to do my own podcast some decade, this gig will be a baseline for me. Now, I'm hoping it won't be TOO bad. I DID give Gloria a half dozen questions for which I DO more or less know the answers. They're mostly about the Small Business development Center, the state Data Center program, being a librarian, and being a census data junkie (oh, no, can't say "junkie",; it has implications). I'm trying to anticipate the curve balls; I noted in my bio that I used to deal in comic books, so I'm thinking of a couple points on THAT topic, just in case.

So if you want to hear it, but don't have access, I'll link to the podcast afterward. Unless it REALLY sucks.

No comments: