From Sunday Stealing
1. How long have you been blogging?
4 years, 1 month
2. Any advice to beginners?
Yes, have a couple pieces written before posting the first one. I came across these tips for beginner bloggers.
3. What are the good things blogging has brought to your life?
Actually "met", as it were, a number of decent folks.
4. What would you consider the pitfalls?
Obsessive behavior, on the part of at least one respondent. Maybe the blogger as well.
5. Tell us about your blog name. Ever think of changing it? If so, to what? Why?
It's semi-alliterative. It was inspired by a radio show called Ramblin' with Gamblin, or something like that. I could change it, but I have no particular inspiration.
6. Knowing what you know now, was starting a blog a good thing for you? Why or why not?
Why? Because all of those thoughts about what made me annoyed, or occasionally pleased, about the world were all bottled up, previously with no outlet.
Why not? Because sometimes I get melancholy and discouraged when I don't seem to generate any comments for two or three days in a row.
7. How do you think blogging, bloggers, or the blogosphere has changed since you started?
More of them, of course. More tools such as Twitter to augment the blog. More toys to play with in general.
8. Ultimately, what would you like your blog to accomplish for you or others?
The usual: world peace.
Every week, I get a PDF of the blogs I write. You can get the same for your blogs or others that you follow, even on a daily basis, if they have an RSS feed, with tabbloid.com. It's free, easy and you don't need an account, just an e-mail to send it to. I know it sounds like a commercial, but I'm not getting anything for it; I just think it's rather cool if you envision being published in a more traditional manner.
Cash is queen in our household
1 day ago