Stolen - again! - from the Frog:
• Are you available? You mean for parties and other light entertainment? No. And I've Djed my first and last wedding.
• What is your age? I'm 575 months old.
• What annoys you? Rude, impolite, ignorant people; this tends to include right-wing talk show hosts and litterers.
• Do you know anyone named Billy? Well, he's Bill now. went to school with him, K-12 in Binghamton. He lives not far from here and comments on my TU blog occasionally. .
• When is your birthday? March 7.
• Who is your best friend? There are three or four people I'd think about: one or two two from kindergarten, one from the first day of college and one from Albany.
• What's your favorite candy? M&Ms. plain. Tegan's got me counting the green ones, which seems appropriate to me.
• Crush? No, I don't have one of those refrigerators that does that.
• When was the last time you cried? Maybe my niece's high school graduation.
• Do you daydream?: Suddenly, without warning...oh, wait, excuse me. what was the question again?
• What's your favorite kind of dog? Not really a dog kind of guy. Or dogs aren't really a Roger kind of species. That said, there were a couple golden retrievers I've liked, alas, both deceased.
• What day of the week is it? Tell me why. That a reference to a Boomtown Rats song.
• How do you like your eggs? Actually I like eggs any number of ways: fried, boiled, poached, omelet. They're usually scrambled.
• Have you ever been in the emergency room? A few times. Once with my daughter, where we discovered her peanut butter allergy. Once with my wife, when she fell in the shower. More than a few times with me. The first time was a car accident when I was 19, and subsequently a few times before I had a primary care physician. But the last time I was injured; - broke a rib a year ago - I went to the urgent care place, which was much more civilized.
• Ever pet an elephant? I think so.
• Do you use fly swatters? Yes, and seriously, once killed seven with one blow. It was a laundromat tied to a camp my father dragged us to north of Binghamton on the way to Syracuse. Killed a minimum of 50 flies that day.
• Have you ever used a foghorn? Possibly not.
• Is there a fan in your room? When it gets warm enough, I haul a standing rotating fan from the attic. It's about warm enough. we actually own a ceiling fan but haven't installed it yet.
• Do you chew gum? Only when I fly.
• Do you like gummy candies? They're OK; not my first choice.
• Do you like gory movies? Generally not, though I found The Shining, the Kubrick/Nicholson version so awful, it was (unintentionally?) hilarious at times.
• How are you? I'm OK; thanks for asking. How are YOU?
• What's your height? I used to be 5' 11 5/8", but I think I have shrunk 1/8 of an inch.
• What color is your hair? What hair? Brown to most gray.
• What's your favorite ice cream? Strawberry.
• Have you ever ice skated? Only to woo the wife.; it worked.
• Ever been in an igloo? I have a vague recollection, but no idea where or when.
• What's your favorite Jelly Bean? It's more what I DON'T like: apple, banana, watermelon, black licorice. Beyond that, whatever.
• Have you ever heard a really hilarious joke? Yes, but you'd better find someone else to repeat it.
• Do you wear jewelry? Wedding ring. I used to wear a watch, but I kill watches. Really.
• Who do you want to kill? Not really my thing.
• Have you ever flown a kite? Absolutely, even with the daughter.
• Do you think kangaroos are cute? In a marsupial sort of way. Now Bob Keeshan -HE wa cute.
• Are you laid back? Less than I think I am.
• Lions or Tigers? Bears, oh my. I like lions' manes, but I prefer baseball to football.
• Do you like black licorice? Gag, cough, sputter....NO!!
• Favorite movie as a kid? West Side Story, clearly.
• Ever shopped at Moosejaw? What's a Moosejaw?
• Favorite store at the mall? Hate the mall with a passion.
• Do you have a nickname? None that anyone uses to my face.
• Whats your favorite number? 37
• Do you prefer night or day? Depends what I'm doing.
• What's your one wish? That ppeople try to be a bit more civil to each other.
• Are you an only child? Only for 16 1/2 months. Two younger sisters.
• Do you like the color orange? On oranges, yes.
• What are you most paranoid about? I'm not paranoid; they're PROBABLY not even trying to get me.
• Piercings? None.
• Do you know anyone named Penelope? When I was a kid; not well.
• Are you quick to judge people? No, I have the annoying habit of waiting to get more evidence.
• Do you like Quaker Oats? Yes, but the store brand is fine too.
• Know anyone that makes quilts? I do, sorta. Haven't seen her in years.
Do you think you're always right? I've gotten smart enough to know when I have no idea. So when I HAVE an idea, I'm right about 80% of the time.
• Do you watch reality TV? Only when I'm passing through the room when my wife watches Dancing with the Stars. I have watched Survivor (two seasons), American Idol (seasons 2-5), and probably most bizarrely, The Real World (the first five or six seasons; even own a book about the first four.)
• Reason to cry? Most often over beautiful music.
• Do you prefer sun or rain? A little of both for a nice balance. And then we get a rainbow.
• Do you like snow? In moderation.
• What's your favorite season? Spring.
• Time is it? 5:10 am.
• What time did you wake up? I'll let you know when i do.
• Can you ride a unicycle? Doubt it, but never tried.
• Do you know anyone with a unibrow? No.
• Uncles do you have? Zero. Parents were both only children.
• What’s the worst vegetable? Lima beans.
• Did you ever watch Veggie Tales? Once.
• Ever considered being vegan? Not seriously.
• What's your worst habit? Got a week...
• Do you like water rides? Don't know.
• Ever been inside a windmill? Don't think so.
• Have you ever had an x-ray? I think there is A year ago, most recently.
• Ever used a Xerox machine? Actually our copier's a Canon.
• Do you like the color yellow? Electrical banana.
• What year were you born in?: 1953
• Do you yell when you're angry? Generally not any more.
• Do you believe in the zodiac? It has its amusing coincidences.
• What's your zodiac sign? Something fishy.
• When was the last time you went to the zoo? Mid-1990s in Binghamton.
I should acknowledge the passing of artist Dave Simons at the age of 54. Evanier talks about him here, but for a better perspective about how I knew him, albeit many years ago, read Fred Hembeck's June 10 post. He was a talented guy and was always very decent to me.
St Patrick’s Day: the Burns Sisters
16 hours ago