My Blog List

People I Know

Eclectic Folks

Media Blogs

Politics, Policy Blogs

Page Rank

Check Page Rank of your Web site pages instantly:

This page rank checking tool is powered by Page Rank Checker service

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

W is for World

The world is populated with plenty of bizarre and astonishing creatures. I think I've met some of these folks, in human form.




An actor I know.

Certainly, this creature on cable news.



Has the beady eyes of as prominent local citizen.





A contestant on a reality television show.

An animated fellow.




This looks like a professor I once had.





I find that this type of mop cleans quite well.

SALUTE!



the chair of a committee I once served on.






A former customer.




Now, if I were nice, I'd tell you what these creatures are. But tr=the pictures were sent to me without that information. I WAS given an incomplete list of choices, though:
ALPACA
ANGORA RABBIT
Axolotl
Aye-aye
Blobfish
Dumbo Octopus
Emperor Tamarin
Frill-necked Lizard
Hagfish
Komondor Dog
Narwhale
Pink Fairy Armadillo
Proboscis Monkey
Pygmy Marmoset
Shoebill
Sloth
Star-nosed Mole
Sucker-footed Bat
Sun Bear
Tapir
Tarsier
White-faced Saki Monkey
Yeti Crab

I've figured out most of them, but have at it.

ROG

13 comments:

anthonynorth said...

Some great photos there, delivered with a nice touch of humour :-)

The Duck said...

Gosh! I appear so very normal compared to some here!

Reader Wil said...

I agree with Anthonynorth:great photos , delivered with a nice touch of humour! I once got these animals in my e-mail, and I thought they weren't real.Thanks for looking up all the names and showing all those funny characters!

gone to the dogs said...

Wonderful...This made me smile. I was wondering if the first picture was a rabbit or a cat..I'm guessing and Angora rabbit. what expressions!

Carol said...

What a fun post! I enjoyed your captions also....but I can't seem to match all of these up!

Christina, Sweden said...

Great selection of odd animals
thanks för sharing :-)
The small tapir is gorgeous

Miss_Yves said...

Really creative and funny post !
Awesome pictures, (some of them are awsome too) !
I love the "teacher" you had !

dianasfaria.com said...

Great post for W! These creatures are so cool, all fascinating to look at. & your commentary is very funny too!

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony said...

I once had a rendering of Jesus laughing. I considered it a great expression of the incarnation as it communicated a genuine humanity. As I have thought about it more, however, I think that humor and laughter are rooted in the very being of God, and so comedy is divine. Your pictures here are an affirmation of this idea. Thanks for sharing, both the pictures and the humorous captions. Shall I say it's very divine of you?

Bradley Hsi said...

Wow! That are some amazing faces and gaze. A very interesting post for "W".

Q said...

The world is an amazing place filled with wonderful creatures.
These photographs are so fun! All are "Wows" for me.
sherry

jay said...

Blobfish! ROFL!!

I want to know what the furry mite is at the bottom!